How to Write a Good Composition
Use a Power Writing strategy:
Suggestions for Writing Compositions in Spanish
- Make an outline of your main ideas and arrange them in a logical order. In a guided composition, use the outline presented to you.
- Use vocabulary, expressions, and idioms that you have mastered thoroughly.
- Be careful in your use of verb tenses, verb endings, and adjective agreement.
- Open with a good topic sentence and close with an appropriate conclusion.
- Aim for variety by using synonyms.
- Make smooth transitions by using common connectives such as:
- no obstante
- luego que
- por lo general
- por eso
- a causa de
- puesto que
- más tarde
- pero, etc
- Reread your composition after you have written it. Check for errors in spelling, agreement, and accentuation. Follow this list:
- adjective-noun agreement
- subject-verb agreement
- ser y estar
- por y para
- use of connectives
- use of idioms